The Fencing Bloke: your local expert who can supply garden fencing and install garden fencing. We are suppliers and approved fencing installers for Jacksons Fencing products.
Should I Use Slotted Jakposts Or Square Posts
Slotted posts allow fencing to be installed so that neither neighbour has the “bad” side of fencing with the posts exposed. They can also make replacement of fence panels easier, On the other hand, square posts are more cost effective. Which you choose is up to you, in consultation with your approved Jacksons fencing installer, the Fencing Bloke.
Jacksons commercial fencing and residential fencing manufacture a wide range of fence posts to suit our fence panels and trellis. Slotted Jakposts® are their most popular post option. They are available as standard or heavy duty inters, ends, and corners, with panels simply sliding between the posts and fitting snugly to stop rattling. They can then be securely fixed with screws. An angled slotted fence post allows corners between 30 and 45 degrees, adding another option for gardens that do not have sharp 90 degree corners.
Square Section Panel Posts
These posts have a planed finish. They are standard square section posts without the unique slot of the superior slotted Jakpost. It is advisable to securely fix fence panels to square posts with Jakclips. It can take between 6 and 12 screws per panel (depending on whether capping rails are used) to secure the fence run.
The benefits of using Jakposts:
- Jakcure® treated softwood is guaranteed for 25 years.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Jakposts reduce damage by wind movement that happens when panels are screwed toposts.
- Unlike concrete posts, there is no risk of frost damage, cracking or chipping.
- Theya re lighter than concrete posts.
- They are more supportive than square section posts, avoiding gaps between panels and posts.
- Stainless steel nails are used throughout.
- They have a more natural appearance than concrete posts.